Makes: 3-4 serves
- 375g pappardelle pasta
- 1½ cups basil leaves
- ¾ cup parsley leaves
- 1 large clove garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 punnet assorted cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 large zucchini, cut into rounds
- 2-3 tablespoons capers
- 100g goats cheese, crumbled
- In a food processor, combine the basil, parsley, garlic, olive oil and lemon zest and juice.
- Blitz until it is a pesto-like consistency. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat with a quick drizzle of olive oil.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and chilli flakes. Cover the pan and cook for 3-5 minutes, gently shaking the pan occasionally to prevent burning, until the tomatoes are just starting to blister and burst. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In the same pan (no need to wash it) with another drizzle of olive oil, cook the zucchini rounds until golden on each side. You may need to do this in 2 batches, depending on the size of your pan.
- To cook the pasta, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Salt generously and detangle any strands that might stick together.
- Drain the pasta and add back to the pot. Add the basil-parsley herb oil, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, capers and goats cheese. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.Enjoy !