Coconut Chia Pudding
Makes 3-4 serves
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup chia seeds
- Strawberries, mango, toasted macadamia, roasted coconut chips, pomegranate to garnish
- In a bowl, stir together the coconut milk, water, lemon zest and juice, vanilla, maple syrup and salt.
- Add the chia seeds and stir to combine, ensuring that there are no clumps of seeds.
- Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning (or when you want it), remove from the fridge and stir to check the consistency. If you want it runnier, add a few tablespoons of water or coconut milk to suit.
- Taste and adjust maple syrup, vanilla and lemon.
- Top with your choice of fruit and nuts – we have used strawberries, mango, toasted macadamias, roasted coconut chips and pomegranate.